Thursday, July 16, 2015

Joel's 1st Crossfit Competition!!

If you know my husband, you know he likes to stay active. I firmly believe it is engrained in his DNA and personality that he NEEDS to work out. It seriously completes his life... the high intensity kind of working out. Joel used to do Thai boxing (in this kind of boxing use can do anything standing up, but nothing on the ground) and that kind of working out is SUPER intense. Sometimes he talks about different workouts he use to do, and my mouth is always hanging open because I am so amazed he is alive to tell me about it haha!!

Since we've been married Joel's dream has been to do Crossfit. He says, "When you are looking at the different body types of athletes, you will get what you train. If you swim, you will look like a swimmer, if you run you will look like a runner. I want to look like a crossfitter to get both the performance and the looks, ha ha!" This past March Joel finally found a Crossfit "box" (their lingo for gym...) to workout at that was affordable!! YES. We signed him up and he has been loving the high intensity workouts ever since. 

He had his first competition a few weeks ago, and it was so fun to see him working out and pushing himself. I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb being pregnant and chasing around Emma haha. It was kind of hard trying to take pictures of Joel and entertain Emma at the same time. My biggest worry was that she would try to run out to him while he was working out, but the opposite happened. In the beginning she actually got kind of scared and cried for him, and clung to me for dear life! Eventually she got brave and was walking around saying hi to people in no time. This was more of a practice competition, to give people experience. There were some judges who had never judged before, and others who had never competed before like Joel. In this competition Joel had a partner to workout with, so while one parter did one thing the other did another and so forth. Joel had never met his partner before, so it was interesting and fun to see them meet then work out together!

Anyway, here are some pictures I took while holding an emotional toddler ;)

Getting his game face on!

That face though.... pure happiness. I also love that her dress is stuck to show off her little legs ;)

Joel is teaching her early ;)

That's my goofball husband ;)

0 notes: