Thursday, August 21, 2014

New Painting!

A few months ago I was asked by my Belgian friend to do a painting of her family crest. At first I thought this would be an easy challenge, since I thought I had done more difficult paintings before. Oh boy was I wrong! When I sat down to paint, I realized the whole picture was symmetric. I wanted the crest to be as close to the picture as I could get, so I whipped out my measuring tape and measured everything as close as I could get. When I finished drawing out the crest, it took as long as a normal painting would take, and I hadn't even started painting yet!

This painting as a whole ended up taking more than 20 hours. I LOVED the challenge, and it was fun to do something different.

(you can see the rest of my art and paintings HERE)

Aaaaand the final product! I am very happy with how the painting turned out!

3 notes:

Lizzie said...

Wow! Nice work Mollie! That is fantastic!

Shantel said...

Amazing work! I am blown away by the final product. You have serious talent!

Megan and Jared said...

Very cool!!